Saturday 4 December 2010

2011 Book List - Draft 1

Here is a short draft List of the Books I'm looking forward to next year.




Alastair Reynolds' new Series starts next year. I love Reynolds' work i read his last book (well at least some of it.) Terminal World on a flight from Las Vegas to New York and 5 hours has never gone so fast. This new book comes as part of a new "Mega-Bucks" deal that Reynolds has recently signed, and quire right to. I know a few people are worried that his writing may suffer due to the commitments demanded of him, but he's pretty damn prolific. I Imagine he'll eat up any demands with room to spare. I for one can't wait!



Hmmm that really is a draft! One! One book is all i can find that i'm looking forward to reading next year!.


So to bump out the List here are some books and audiobooks i'm looking forward to owning but haven't bought yet.

Books



I got into Iain Banks' non 'M' work quite recently because i'd run out of his excellent 'M' books (sci-fi). I was not disappointed my personal favourites so far are The Wasp Factory and Complicity (Abacus Paperback). I have read that transitions is a move to bring together his non-m and m works as their are sci-fi elements to this work. Sounds good bring it on.


Audiobooks

I love an audiobook not because I'm lazy (I normally get audiobooks of books I've already read ,) but because they are great distractions/background while at the gym or working.


Pandora's Star (Commonwealth Saga 1) and it sequel Judas Unchained (Commonwealth Saga 2) are fantastic books(whatever Paul says,) but being Hamilton's usual epic tomes are not really books you can quickly reread. Great if you have a month to spare, not so good for filling an empty lunch hour with. Thats the great thing about audiobooks it doesn't matter its sat on your iPod waiting for you to escape into. I'll definatly be adding this to my brand spanking new Apple iPod classic 160GB - Black.




As I said above I love Reynolds' work and were better to start with the audiobooks than at the beginning of his epic Revelation Space saga. No where that's where!

No comments:

Post a Comment