Monday 13 June 2011

The Kat's Tech Part 1

Here for your viewing delights is the first instalment of my guides to Tech. I will endeavour to share only the very best of tech with you. Tried and tested* by yours truly and proved to be great products.

*Common testing involves day to day usage for an extended period and in some situations the dreaded tea test.

First up The iPod Classic.


I love my classic!! It has the audio power that you want from a music player. At 160GB it has the space you need if your one of the apparently strange people that want your entire music collection at your finger tips. (Like Me). I've listened to friend's iPhone and iTouch and I believe you can tell that those are designed as more than audio equipment. Not to do them a disservice but the classic mops the floor with them on audio quality. Saying that, the classic also handles movies superbly and has been a god send on long budget flights. (Details on ripping dvds to an iPod to follow.) Talk about battery life, I've had it for several months and only charged it once...... OK that's an exaggeration but charges are few and far between even with heavy use.

The Kat's rating : 9/10 If you haven't got an iPhone get a classic. Now!!!

TeckNet Battery for Apple iPod/iPhone.


I bought this product as my old iPod video had started to struggle to last a day (it was doing well it had been used for at least 8 hours a day for 5 years.) I basically got it as it had decent reviews and was rather cheap at about £10. It was a wonder the tecknet battery when fully charged will provide 3 to 4 full charges of an iPod classic or 2 charges of an iPhone. After the dubious imposition of a ban on attaching iPods to computers a work and the explosion in iPhone users. My battery has seen heavy uses by myself and my colleagues. It has even survived the dreaded tea test as it somehow ended up submerged in a steaming brew, and has continued on valiantly for another 9 months.

The Kat's rating : 9/10 If you have a power hungry iPhone, or you've got a classic and plan on being away from fresh electricity for some time. You need one of these babys.


No comments:

Post a Comment