Friday 18 February 2011

Liverpool Philharmonic Budget Cut.

I recieved a mail today from the Liverpool Philharmonic ask for my help as their budget will be cut by £450,000 at least this year.

This is thanks to a reduction in grants they get from Liverpool Council, which in turn is thanks to cuts imposed on the council by a bunch of Toffs.

Now I think this is terrible but it seems that Michael Eakin the Chief Executive of Liverpool Philharmonic is asking for people to raise this with Liverpool council. Sorry Michael you've got it misplaced, i'm happy to write letters to MPs about this or donate to the phil direct but its not Liverpool Councils fault. An increase in the phils funding will mean a necessary decrease somewhere else.

I have to agree with Liverpool Council a company that is already gaining 2/3 of its income through private sources, is somewhere that can possible take a cut in grant to save money for Vulnerable Children's care for example.

I love the phil although i have enjoyed it mainly in the form of its commercial successful events, Comedy and Pop music concerts. I think the Phil has other avenues open to it to cover for these cuts, from public donations to sponsorship (I notice straight away no adverts on their website.) and even putting on more commercial shows than they currently do.

To see the post form the phil go here.

No comments:

Post a Comment