Wednesday 12 January 2011

First Experience with a personal trainer.

Its Wednesday its 5 o'clock, and I ache. Not “oh I can feel my muscles after that work out”, I ache with the fire of a thousand suns and I ache in places I didn't know existed. The worst thing is I feel really good about it. The reason you ask, I stupidly signed up for 4 one hour sessions with Joe my gyms personal trainer.

Just a bit of background I've recently been taking my gym work to the next level, in the hope that I can reach my target weight by the time I'm 30 (in 14 months time.) I've been doing well but I felt I'd started to plateau a little. I added swimming in October and that really helped. That's when I decided I needed some more help to get the most out of my gym sessions. I put some Christmas money aside, and made an appointment with Joe.

Its Monday is 6 o'clock and Joe is starting me off with interval training on the rower..... Its now 6.30 I'm using kettle bells and I'm pretty sure I'm dying...Its 7 o'clock and I feel good, I can't lift my arms above my shoulders and I'm still not overly convinced I'll survive the night but I feel good.

Joe was very good he pushes enough, not like a drill Sergeant but just right (for me anyway.) I felt more tired after that hour than I ever have after my usual 2 hour sessions. Sucker for punishment that I am(i have done an hour and a half in the gym tonight.), I'm even looking forward to next week. If I stop aching by than, that is.


No comments:

Post a Comment